Field Service Technician for CNC Woodworking Equipment - Location: Minneapolis, MN or Webster, SD
Service Technicians perform extensive field work, including new machinery installations, train customer personnel & machine operators, perform general inspections, repairs & conversions of machinery. Onsite paid training program in Webster, SD plant required. Training runs 4 - 6 months depending on background and experience.
Travel approximately 50% - 75% (minimal international travel required). The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical and electrical controls aptitude, millwright experience, proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and effective customer service abilities. Successful candidate must have a valid driver's license, valid passport, and ability to work independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel approximately 50% - 75% (minimal international travel required).
- Deals effectively with customer inquiries and concerns.
- Satisfies the customer’s expectations related to the installation, Start-up, and training of their personnel on new Mereen-Johnson equipment.
- Evaluates equipment in the field for safety and quality of production, and makes timely recommendations to the Customer Service Manager and performs necessary repairs.
- Maintains all necessary records of each visit – timesheets, service and expense reports.
- Represents Mereen-Johnson in a professional and competent manner.
- Assists with the preparation of machine manuals in a competent and careful manner while in-house, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two year vocational or technical training in job related field.
- 5 – 10 years experience in a related mechanical and/or electrical service field.
Essential Skills, Job Knowledge and Abilities
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, both electrical and mechanical.
- Ability to perform job duties accurately and quickly, working precision instruments and close tolerances.
- Extensive knowledge of Mereen-Johnson Equipment.
- Strong Customer Service skills, ability to understand the customer’s point of view.
- Skilled in troubleshooting machinery problems.
- Skilled interfacing with the Sale, Engineering, and Manufacturing Departments.
- Working knowledge of computer/PLC operation, ability to take direction to upload, download, and transfer information.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) to email timesheet, reports, etc.
- Well organized, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Good communications skills, writing skills.
- Motion control and PLC programming experience.
- Knowledge of wiring practices and electrical principals.
- Bilingual; English and Spanish a plus.
Service Technicians receive Competitive wages, depending on experience and amount of travel. Potential for additional income opportunities. Full benefits package including health, dental, life and 401k retirement program.
Inquiries or resumes can be sent to: email@example.com