Location: Webster, SD
Job Summary: Responsible for the operation of welding equipment to perform complex welding tasks on a variety of metals and alloys. Ability to plan, layout and perform complex work from drawings and specifications, etc. Responsible for the operation of other Welding Department equipment including the saw, plasma cutter, shear, ironworker and brake press. Must have ability to work from drawings and specifications and the math skills necessary to do any required calculations.
No previous experience required – will train.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from complex drawings and specifications to build moderately complex parts. Converts metric to stand measurements, etc.
- Welding skills
- Sets-up and welds aluminum using a wire feed
- Performs repetitive arc welding – fillet, butt and beveling and must be able to set welder to proper settings.
- Performs out-of-position welding with wire feed.
- Sets-up, unassisted, moderately complex parts, including sheet metal
- Other Welding Department Equipment
- Operates and maintains the following equipment properly – bevellers, oxygen/acetylene cutting tool.
- Operates burn table
- Operates brake, including parts with multiple bends
- Operates and maintains the plasma cutter.
- Possesses complete knowledge of the Ironworker
- Stick welds and set-up on the Lincoln
- Demonstrates the ability to make and use rolls
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in Welding or equivalent welding experience preferred, but not required. Training provided.
Send your resume to: email@example.com or apply in person at Mereen-Johnson, 10 Park Lane, Webster, SD 57274