Mechanical Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
Mereen-Johnson is a vibrant, forward looking, and growing company. Founded in 1905, Mereen-Johnson is an industry leading manufacturer of high production woodworking equipment. Our world-class machines are in over 40 countries around the world. This is a full time position in our Minneapolis headquarters.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to design and develop assembly models, mechanisms, and components for standard products, custom adaptations of these products and custom machinery designs. We attribute our sustained growth to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team. This person will take general direction from the Vice President of Engineering. Given project scope and specifications, the person estimates resources, develops project schedules and manages design resources to deliver robust, cost effective and timely product solutions. Limited travel necessary.
Responsibilities and Requirements Include
- Responsible for operational details and implementation of usable parts into manufacturing with consideration given to: functionality, reliability, manufacturability and cost.
- Responsible for bill of material creation, engineering drawings, manufacturing support, final assembly checkout, installation support and post shipment follow up.
- Provides support to Sales and Customer Service in estimating, developing retrofit solutions.
- Works with Electrical Engineering on machine controls to provide an integrated product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BME or BSME) or some other engineering discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in mechanical design and manufacturing. 2+ years’ experience with Solidworks and 2D AutoCAD
- Mechanical aptitude required. Experience in electro-mechanical products under CNC controls a plus.
- Salary based upon experience 55K-75K. 401K medical/dental/vision and paid time off.
Send resume to: email@example.com